Run Time: 2 minutes
Author: Dr. Aaron Lessen
- Benadryl most common anticholinergic overdose. Gypsum weed is also a common plant ingestion that causes an overdose.
- Classic pneumonic for anticholinergictoxidrome:
- mad as a hatter: hatter used mercury in hat making which made people agitated.
- dry as a bone: not diaphoretic.
- red as a beet.
- blind as a bat.
- The most dangerous problems are a patient with agitated delirium, rhabdomyolysis, seizures, and hyperthermia.
Link to Podcast: http://medicalminute.madewithopinion.com/anticholinergictoxidrome-1/