Run Time: 16 minutes
Author: Dr. Donald Stader
- Marijuana originally is from Asia and first used medically in China in 2400 B.C.
- 3 active metabolites in Marijuana: THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), Cannabidiol, Cannabigerol.
- Cannabidiol at low concentrations helps nausea, but at high concentrations induces nausea and vomiting.
- Cannabigerol has a pro-nausea effect.
- One study shows that Haldol can improve nausea in people with cannabis hyperemesis syndrome.
- Marijuana today has 3 times more THC content than even 30 year ago – which leads to anxiety in some patients.
- Children can get extremely ill when they come in contact with THC– seizures or coma state needing intubation and ICU admission.
Link to Podcast: http://medicalminute.madewithopinion.com/420-marijuana-podcast/