Run Time: 4 minutes
Author: Dr. Samuel Killian
- Greater than 1 million visits per year in American for kidney stones.
- 12% men and 6% women will have kidney stone at some point during their lifetime.
- Most studies that discredited Flomax were not properly organized – there was no placebo, the study was not blind, etc.
- New study from the Annals of Emergency Medicine showed that 87% of patients who received Flomax passed there stone at 28 days and 82% who received the placebo also passed their stone at 28 days, regardless of stone size.
- The difference was at 5-10mm stones. 82% w/ Flomax passed their stone at 28 days and only 60% who received the placebo passed their stone at 28 days.
Link to Podcast: http://medicalminute.madewithopinion.com/flomax-and-kidney-stones/